UP1.5 - Developers Version, compatible with the other mods
Things you need to know
This is a Developers Version of Unofficial Patch 1.5. It means, that this version is compatible with all other Empire Earth 2 mods, but not all of Unofficial Patch 1.5 features are available in game. This version should be used only by players who have a different mod installed or want to mod the game using the unchanged files structure. If you don't use any mods, it's highly recommended to install the normal version of Unofficial Patch 1.5 instead. All game crashes which are present on this version are not related to the Unofficial Version 1.5 - they're present, because this version doesn't change any game files (so crashes present in the official version of the game are not repaired). Developers Version is absolutely not supported by Dr.MonaLisa. All problems present on this version should be reported to the developer of the mod you're actually using.
Information for developers who want to include UP1.5 to their mods:
If you read this site, then you probably want to include Empire Earth II and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy - Unofficial Patch 1.5 to the new version of your Empire Earth II Mod.
If you're looking for the official version of Unofficial Patch 1.5, please visit: http://ee2.eu/patch
After you download and extract the Developers Version, you have to configure your mod in "UnofficialVersionConfig.txt" file. You should be interested with 3 values:
A string with a name of your mod, showed on the statistics web-page. The default: "Official" means that this version doesn't use any mod. You can change it to your mod's name (for example: EE4 Mod, Realistic Mod), etc. You can also add some details about the version of your mod, for example: "EE4 Mod ver. 10.0".
A string with the name of your mod. It should be always the same, for example: "[id]My First Mod[/id]". Please don't add any additional information to it.
The current version of your mod. It must be a natural number, for example: "[id]1[/id]". Please don't use dots or commas. If you're often updating your mod, for example for version 11.47 you can set: 1147.
If you don't want to show the UP1.5 Starting Windows (with twitter news, game selection, support chat) change this value to "1". After that when player click to start EE2.exe or EE2X.exe - the game will start instantly.
How it works?
The launcher is checking for DeveloperModName in the configuration downloaded from a server. If defined version is greater than the current version set in DeveloperModVersion, then it shows a message box with information about available update. The information and download link of the new version of the mod can be set by Dr.MonaLisa. If you're a modder and you want to set an information about a new version of your mod - please contact Dr.MonaLisa by visiting forum.ee2.eu or by e-mail: easywinclan(at)gmail.com.
- Support for all possible screen resolutions, including 4K resolutions, for example:
4096x2304, 3840x2160, 3200x1800, 2560x1440, 2048x1152, 1920x1080, 1600x900, 1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x720, 3840x2400, 2880x1800, 2560x1600, 2304x1440, 2048x1280, 1920x1200, 1680x1050, 1440x900, 1280x800, 1152x720, 3200x2400, 2560x1920, 2048x1536, 1856x1392, 1600x1200, 1440x1080, 1400x1050, 1280x1024, 1280x960, 1152x864, 1024x768, 2560x1700, 2160x1440, 1440x960, 1280x854, 1152x768, 2560x2048, 1800x1440, 1600x1024, 1600x768, 1280x768, 800x600.
- New launchers (EE2.exe, EE2X.exe), with features like:
* Support for Windows 8 / 8.1 by setting the right screen resolution in game,
* Auto-checking for mods updates,
* EXEGenerator (used for generating the right file to support your screen resolution),
* Checksum in-RAM replacing system (so people with different executables are able to join each other in MP games),
- Free Camera Mode, hotkey: CTRL+F, then keep CTRL pressed to change the camera settings.
- Full Screen Mode, hotkey: CTRL+ALT+H (right mouse click to show the cursor), hides User Interface.
- Debug Menu, hotkey: CTRL+O and Atmosphere Panel, hotkey: CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+A - for modders.
- Disabled CD-KEY checking in multiplayer games.
- Custom Screen Resolution Generator, so the patch is now supporting all possible screen resolutions.
- Configuration Utility (UnofficialVersionConfig.vbs), for easier patch configuration.
- Full support for Windows 10.
- Fixes for scrolling problems on laptops with Synaptics Touchpads (can be enabled/disabled in the UP1.5 Settings).
- Added empireearth2:// and empireearth2aos:// protocols (needed for example for Windows 10 Toast Notifications).
- Better UP1.5 Settings window. Clearier, with more options, for example:
* "Skip Game Intro Videos".
* "Clear Cache / Recompile" - it will clear game junk files, and help to solve common game / launcher problems.
- Experimental Support of DirectX 9. Performances improvement in game, fixes a problem where only integrated graphics card is detected by game (NVIDIA Optimus problem for example on Windows 10). To enable DirectX 9 - please start "UP1.5 Settings" in the Launcher after installation.
- Experimental FIX for graphics problems on Intel HD graphics cards (fixes no fire/explosion effects bug). Please use this fix only if you really need it.
- New Multiplayer Server/Lobby, as a replacement for the old GameSpy Server, which has been shut down in 2012:
* To use it, simply start the game, and go to: "Multiplayer" -> "Internet",
* It's required to create a new profile, since I obviously don't have the old GameSpy database,
* Empire Earth II and Empire Earth II: The Art of Supremacy use the same rooms. Version identification is different,
* What works: private messages, chatting, adding buddies, inviting to games, hosting games, joining games,
* Totally new rating system and Leaderboards, fully programmed by Dr.MonaLisa,
* CD key checking is disabled (because some stores like gog.com are selling EE2 without giving the working key),
* The NAT negotiation works, however it's good to forward port UDP 26000 to your local IP address, to fix problems with hosting/joining games,
* The server is totally independent. We won't use any third-party services, so I will be able to improve it, fix things, databases at any time,
* It's not longer the "GameSpy" lobby, but "EE2.eu" Lobby,
* The server is still in the BETA stage, so all features will be improved with time. Installing additional updates won't be needed,
* Bugs: sometimes you can't see / refresh games list (re-log is required), hardly ever server crashes, but is auto-restarted.
- Improved version of DirectX 9 support (DX8 to DX9 converter):
* Fixed dark textures bug in EE2: AOS, when lighting details were set to High or Medium.
* Added an integrated fix for no fire/explosion effects bug (which is present usually on Intel HD GPUs), you can enable it by UP1.5 Settings.
* Added an option to disable V-sync (removes the maximum 60 FPS limit and sometimes improves performance).
* A custom configuration command to force selected Pixel Shader version: "DirectX9ForcePixelShaderVersion=X.x", changable by UP1.5 Settings.
- Included "EE2-Linux-Install.bash" from https://ee2.eu/linux - an automatic EE2 on Linux installation script created by Rem_BlofBlufWuf.
- New maximum population options available in game: 2600, 3000, 3400, 3800, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10000:
* NOTE: The maximum pop for each player will remain 999 no matter how many players there are in game.
- More "Basic Starting Forces", citizen options available to select: 0, 1, 30, 50, 75, 100.
- Added a new option: "DISABLE Crowns System and Leaders":
* The option replaces the old, useless checkbox called "1 territory per player (not recommended)";
* It's available under the "Map" tab on the game setup screen;
* It's fully compatible with the Multiplayer mode and was also added to Developers Version of UP1.5;
* The option disables crowns and all crown-related bonuses, Leaders, etc. The technologies and epochs system still works in the unchanged form.
- Added 6 new "Initial Cease Fire" options: "20 Minutes", "30 Minutes", "45 Minutes", "60 Minutes", "2 Hours", "24 Hours" for newbies:
* Please note that picking cease fire longer than 15 minutes is illegal and banable in the Public Multiplayer games.
- Added 10 new "City Population" options: 70, 80, 90, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 500, 1000.
- Added a new "Time of Day" option: Dynamic (1.5), changes between Dawn, Afternoon, Sunset and Night every: 2, 5, 10 or 15 minutes (you can select it under the Environment tab).
- Added a new warning / confirmation message before entering the "LAN / Direct Connect" menu. Learn why at: https://ee2.eu/multiplayer/help/
- Some of texts on the game setup screen will be displayed in English instead of the game language, because of the new text options which were incompatible with game files.
- Fixed crashes when TBMs were launching missiles while standing on construction sites programmatically (assembly).
- New feature: Game icon flashing on the taskbar when the game process is minimized, you're on the Multiplayer Lobby and:
* You receive a new private message, game room message, team message, lobby message;
* You get invited to a game, you receive a buddy-add request, host changes settings, host is waiting for launch;
* Thanks for help with adding this feature to Jodocus from neoEE patch.
- Fixed a glitch which caused the resources used for the construction of a building, to be refunded, in accumulation, as many times as the player deletes the construction site of the building, in a short period of time, during which the game may be experiencing some lag:
* The fix is active only in Multiplayer games and prevents deletion of units and buildings in too short period of time. An appropriate message is displayed when the action is blocked.
- Added support for playback files when option "DISABLE Crowns System and Leaders" is checked (fixed missing buildings bug, hangs). The fix is not backward compatible (it will work only for 156002+ playbacks).
- Disabled playback loading limits (grayed out). It is now possible to load recorded games from all versions of the game:
* Please note that not all versions are backward compatible, so the playback file might not work correctly, game process might crash or units might hang and not move.
Team & Usage Terms
By installing UP1.5 Developers Version you agree on the Unofficial Patch 1.5 Act:
(including anonymous usage statistic system, multiplayer banning-system and fair play rules in the public MP games)
If you like the patch, please consider donating. The money are very important to keep everything up. I would very appreciate any help (Click).
Leader (Dr Mona Lisa)
Special thanks for help to:
Iwanicki, Vetinte, DomDom11/12, Maurits, Laetitian, RGV1, Fireheart2, Michael34, Townsendigital (and friends), FireKing.
IMPORTANT copyrights notice:
The creator of Unofficial Patch 1.5 gives you full permissions to include the Developers Version of UP1.5 to the game mod developed by you, without asking for permissions.